Mike Martindale

Friday, September 12, 2008

How Does God Feel About Our Prayers?

This from THF Member, Mike Hensley

I had never really thought about this. I know scripture tells us that we should pray. In fact, I Thessalonians 5:17 says we are to pray continually. Scripture abounds with references to prayer. But how does God feel when we pray to him? Usually I am so concerned about my needs and feelings I haven't even considered God's.

But John in Revelation the 5th chapter gives us some insight. John is seeing a vision of heaven and in verse 8 describes what he sees,

"And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints."

Our prayers are sweet smelling incense to God. When we pray he is surrounded by pleasant aromas. So how does God feel when we pray? I think it draws God to the believer. And that is VERY cool. So pray, church, and talk to God about your life and His.

Mike Hensley

No comments:

Post a Comment